Wednesday 11 April 2012

Blast from the past


WOW ....Time really does fly!!!
I was thinking back to when "Nicnax" began. And it was about 11years ago!
It all started after being given a DIY jewellery kit from my mum that she purchased at a craft expo.
It was love at first sight for me with the beads.
I found a retailer here in Perth that sold beads. There wasnt much choice back then, but it was like my own little heaven on Earth walking in there! I would get so excited and my mind would go into overdrive, thinking about all the things I could create.
So first it started with jewellery - necklaces, earrings, bracelets. Then came the birth of the Nicnax (beaded people brooch).

I would do craft markets every month. My "Nicnax" were always a big hit.
But even though I loved my beads, like all good things, it had to come to an end. With a combination of having my first son 6 years ago and working part time, I just didnt have the time anymore.
But I have always done something creative. If I didn't I honestly think I would burst!
So 6 years down the track, 3 children later, we have evolved to the House of Nicnax!!
I dug through my box of beads on the weekend (I could never have parted with my collection - it would be like removing a limb). What a blast from the past it was. The box was filled with so many beading memories and I also found some of my little Nicnax friends.
I haven't yet put the box away so you never know, my Nicnax family may once again grow!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment