I'm back from my little blogging holiday, and I'm now busting with heaps of inspiration and loads of ideas for new little weekend projects! There's going to be some exciting times ahead!!
So I thought my first post back would be something yummy to celebrate! And as I cant give you an actual piece of my Mocha slice, (mainly because I have already eaten most of it...) I thought I would share the recipe with you. It's a totally yummy little cakey slice that has been a family favourite for a while now.
I'm not sure where the recipe came from originally, but it has evolved over the years, and I must say, I think this was the best it has ever turned out! So here's the recipe if you'd like to try it for yourself.
1/2 cup milk chocolate melts
3-4 heaped teaspoons of instant coffee
1/2 cup sugar (I use a combination of caster sugar and brown sugar)
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup of chopped nuts ( I used almonds)
your choice of topping - ie icing sugar, icing etc
What to do:
- melt butter and chocolate together
- add vanilla, coffee and sugar and stir until combined
- add egg and nuts
- add flours and stir until well combined. If mixture is a little stiff add a splash of milk
- pour into baking dish and bake for around 20 mins on 180deg or until the mixture has cooked through.
- cool before decorating with either a sprinkling of icing sugar, coffee or chocolate icing, melted chocolate.......
And that's it! Yummo! Don't eat it all at once!